Being devoted into ASP.NET development and ASP.NET website hosting for a couple of years, we know the secrets hidden in the ASP.NET hosting advertisement and how difficult to find a trusted and cost effective ASP.NET hosting provider.
- MS SQL Server database edition and limitation. The latest version of MSSQL 2012 are preferred.
- .NET Framework versions. Does it support the version used for your website?
- ASP.NET MVC versions. Does it support the version used for your website if you’re using ASP.NET MVC technology?
- Does it provide the dedicated application pool so that you won’t be affected by your neighbors?
- How long the IIS is set to recycle your website – usually 30 minutes at least is required.
- What’s the maximum dedicated memory allowed for the ASP.NET websites?
- The hosting provider needs to have the rich experiences and knowledge of how to ensure the high-quality ASP.NET hosting. Besides, it is great that they have got plenty of positive feedbacks from real customers and have been trusted and recommended by a lot of authorities, communities and hosting review sites.
- The ASP.NET hosting needs to ensure a high level of hosting reliability with at least 99.9% uptime. Note that this can be achieved with the utilization of cutting-edge data centers, solid server machines and no overselling practice. In addition, some confident web hosts even claim to give you some compensations if they fail to meet their promised uptime track record.
- The hosting speed is also pretty essential. After all, your readers can be frustrating if they find it takes a long time for accessing your website. In this case, you need to figure out that whether your web host can ensure the peak performance with no more than 3 seconds for page loading and 400 ms for the server response.
- The web host needs to ensure the all-time-rounded technical support to assist you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Also, their support staffs need to have the rich knowledge about ASP.NET hosting and related applications.
General Knowledge about ASP.NET
ASP.NET is the server-side online application framework coming with the open source nature. It is designed with the purpose of web development and dynamic webpages production mainly. In addition, developed by Microsoft, ASP.NET has been used by a lot of programmers for the creation of complicated websites, online applications and add-on services.
In fact, ASP.NET has been released since January 2002, which is the successor to the Active Server Pages technology of Microsoft. As it is built based on the Common Language Runtime, developers and programmers can write the ASP.NET code with the help of .NET language.